Saturday 15 March 2008

Random Bitching

CLEO Singapore

.... after 7 years... nothing about the magazine has changed. The last time I bought the magazine, I flipped through it a thorough once and threw it away. The thorough once, took me about 10 minutes...

Yeah sure, it was rather interesting when I was 15 years old, but since secondary school, my purchase of it has reduced to the mere ONE annually, just to see if anything has changed, in hopes that it can produce more substance. 

I mean 10 reasons why men suck... Common, I can list a 100 reasons. 10 reasons why it's great to be single? Well don't patronize me just cause I'm not getting laid. Sex tricks... ? How to attract a man?!  I can sum it up in the next sentence... get skinny, buy sexy lingerie and prance around in a short skirt. TA-DAH. 

The part that makes me shake my head in disappointment the most, is the fashion aspect of it. If you constantly dish out the same sort of articles every month because true, it is pretty hard to stay fresh with the editorial industry. Then give us more international standards of fashion. Show trends, tricks on how to put together outfits that are inspired by runway outfits (without blowing  massive hole in the pocket), how to stay weather friendly in Singapore but still look ridiculously chic, something more inspirational... Educate the younger generation of great designers like Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood, Karl Lagerfield... and the list goes on. Yeah we all know Chanel... but whose behind it,what's the story, how did it build its way up from humble beginnings. 

If Cleo is wanting to remain a thrashy, no substance, non-inspirational magazine, then fine... continue the way it is for the next 20 years or so... but... I think it's time for some sort of change. And it might as well be a good one.  (Suggestion: Think TeenVogue.)

No comments: